Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Teaser Tuesday- August 11



Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by Miz B at Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Here's how it works:
-grab your current read
-open to a random page
-share two teaser sentences from somewhere on the page (avoid spoilers!)
-be sure to include the title and author so other TT participants can add the book to their tbr list if they like your teaser
-leave a comment with your link at Should Be Reading

My Teaser:


Since India's independence day is nearing( August 15 ) and I've always wanted to read some of this great man's books, I picked The Discovery of India by India's first Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru. It isn't an easy read but I'm thoroughly enjoying it and hope to make a special post on August 15 with how much ever I've finished of the book along with some poems that came to the fore during the Indian freedom struggle.

" Our women came to the front and took charge of the struggle. Women have always been there of course, but now there was an avalanche of them, which took not only the British Government but their own menfolk by surprise. "
( Page 41 )

9 comments:

Jo-Jo said...

Now that's a great teaser! I love it when women make their voices heard. Mine is here.

Cecelia said...

That is a wonderful teaser. Now I want to know the context and the exact historical moment...great choice!

You can check out mine here.

Kals said...

Thanks Jo-Jo!

And thanks Celia! Its a wonderful thing to read about the Indian freedom struggle and how people came together rising above gender, religious and economic differences. I'm looking forward to reviewing the book here :)

kayerj said...

sounds like an interesting book. read my teaser here

Cackleberry Homestead said...

Wow - great teaser - I bet this is an interesting book.

Kals said...

It is! It's a bit of a tough read and is a long book, but its been totally worth it so far :)

JoAnn said...

What a great teaser! I'll be looking forward to your review on the 15th.

Kals said...

Thank you so much! I'm afraid that the review on 15th will only be a partial review since this is a 560 page book and I doubt I'd complete it in time :) But still, there's just so much to talk about even within the first 50 pages!

The Blonde Diaries said...

What an interesting topic to read about. I hope you make your August 15th deadline.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Test