I've decided to give in to my Austen obsession and take part in the extended Everything Austen Challenge. In addition to my previous list of 5 books and 1 miniseries to watch, here are the rest of the things I have in mind:
1. Watch Kandukondain Kandukondain an Indian take on Sense and Sensibility.
I've completed this and reviewed it. Thanks to all who took the time to read and comment. It really helps me keep going with the challenge :)
2. Read The True Darcy Spirit by Elizabeth Aston. I've read this a long time back and I don't think I liked it much. I figured a re-read won't do any harm though.
3. Watch Lost in Austen. Yes! I've been so looking for an excuse to watch this amazing TV miniseries again. I had so much fun with it!
4. Watch Northanger Abbey . I've watched this some time back too and I loved it. Can't wait to watch it again :)
5. Re-read Bridget Jones' Diary by Helen Fielding. This book is pure fun and hilarity and possibly one of the best Austen inspired books I've read.
6. Watch Pride and Prejudice starring Matthew Macfadyen and Keira Knightley. One of my all time favourite movies.
From my previous list:
7. Re-read Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
8. Read Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
9. Re-read Emma by Jane Austen
10. Read Persuasion by Jane Austen
11. Re-read Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
12. Watch Miss Austen Regrets
I'm sure I will do more- I've been planning to watch Persuasion ( With Rupert Penry Jones) , Mansfield Park and Emma. In addition, I've always wanted to do one whole analysis with comparisons of all of Austen's novels, which I hope I'll find time to do within this 6 months. Plus, I thought I'd have some fun 'What would Jane/ Darcy/ Lizzie/Emma do?' polls and discussions, including discussions of Austen inspired movies and books. Time willing, this should all work out fine =)
Something Austen-related to share:
How cool is this mug !?