Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Austen-tatious Indian - My Guest Post!

When the lovely Priya who blogs at Uniquely Priya asked me to write a guest post, I was incredibly flattered and honoured and equally nervous about writing a good post. The topic was obvious to me the moment she asked me though. Of course I had to write about Austen. Thank you so much Priya for asking me to write this!


The Austen-tatious Indian 
"I must have been 11 when I chanced upon an abridged version of a novel that would go on to be one of my most favourite books. It had a horribly illustrated pink and orange cover which put me off the book for a long time.

In 2005, after having read some excellent reviews, I decided to watch Pride and Prejudice. It was love at second sight. Proof again of what Austen says in the book: first impressions might be terribly wrong. I adored the movie. Matthew Macfadyen was dreamy, brooding and passionate. And yes, I had never heard of a Mr. Colin Firth. I decided reading the book would be a good idea. And the rest is history. "

Read the rest here at Priya's blog and be sure to tell me how you like it! :)

Image: Etsy

11 comments:

Priya Parmar said...

your writing is wonderful and your guest post is terrific!

Kals said...

Thank you so much, Priya! High praise coming from you indeed :)

Whitney said...

I read your guest post and it was great Kals! I love the coffee cup too :)

Vaishnavi said...

I read the post Kals and it was wonderful! Congratulations! And I am digging the mug :)

Priya Iyer said...

lovely post!! :) as i told you, it inspires me to start reading Austen, which I am going to do pretty soon. :)

thank you for guest posting on my blog!!

Kals said...

Thanks a lot Whitney, Vaishnavi and Priya! Your comments made my day :)

The coffee cup is so gorgeous! I'm thinking of gifting it to myself for my birthday lol :D

I'm glad you've joined the Everything Austen challenge, Priya! I sure hope you enjoy it :)

Darlyn said...

Simple but yet so sweet..I'm loving JA now.. ;p

Shweta said...

Lovely guest post Kals!! You are a fab writer re:)

Kals said...

Darlyn and Shweta, thank you so very much! :) Sorry for replying late, but I appreciate your comments very much :)

Vaishnavi said...

Hey Kals, is there some place where I can get this mug online??

Kals said...

http://www.etsy.com/shop/Brookish This website has it and you can order it from there, I think. I've hinted as much as I can to my friends and family that I'd love it for my birthday ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Test