Thursday, October 29, 2009

Awesome Author Challenge (2010) - Edited to Add my Choices!


This is officially the first thing I've planned for the new year. And I think its great. Alyce at At Home With Books is hosting a wonderful challenge - the Awesome Author Challenge from Jan 1, 2010 - Dec 31, 2010. As she puts it:

The idea behind this challenge is to read works by authors who have been recommended to you time and again, yet somehow you haven't managed to read any books by those authors. These are the authors that everyone else tells you are awesome, thus the "Awesome Author Challenge" title.

The Levels:

Easy: Choose three authors and read at least one title from each author.

Moderate: Choose six authors and read at least one title from each author.

Challenging: Choose ten authors and read at least one title from each author.

Over-Achieving: Anything over ten authors.

I'm of course, picking Moderate, having my unpredictable work schedules in mind. It's a great way to finally try out those authors my friends have been recommending and hopefully, to find a new set of favourites! 


The authors I'm choosing to read are:
1. Virginia Woolf
2. Lucy Maud Montgomery - Done 
3. Frances Hodgson Burnett
4. Tracy Chevalier
5. Georgette Heyer
6. Daphne Du Maurier - Done


P.S. It is entirely coincidental that all the authors I've chosen are women =)

3 comments:

Alyce said...

You're welcome! :) Thanks for joining in! I look forward to seeing which authors you choose.

Unknown said...

I am in on this one too. Hope U have fun reading.

Kals said...

Thanks! I hope you enjoy the challenge as well =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Test