Sunday, November 29, 2009

South Asian Author Challenge




Swapna at S. Krishna's Books is hosting the amazing South Asian Author Challenge. Amazing because that's the kind of challenge I desperately wanted to join. If you notice the books I've been reading of late, most of them are India-related books ( mostly non-fiction). The India-related books I'm going to read next year will only be that much more, since I'll have to read more for research work.  


I'm going for 10 books between Jan 1 - Dec 31, 2010.  


My list so far:
1. Between the Assassinations - Aravind Adiga
2. India After Gandhi - Ramachandra Guha
3. Interpreter of Maladies - Jhumpa Lahiri
4. I Won't Let You Go : Selected Poems - Rabindranath Tagore
5. Letters from a Father to His Daughter - Jawaharlal Nehru
6. Train to Pakistan - Khushwant Singh
7.
8.
9.
10.


I shall edit and add books in the coming days. Thanks so much for hosting this challenge, Swapna! =)

7 comments:

Katrina said...

I wanted to stop by and thank you for following BloodyBad, This challenge looks cool, I will have to head over and check it out.

Kals said...

Thanks for stopping by! I like your blog and I'm looking forward to reading more of your reviews/opinions there =)

Heather G. said...

Looks like a great challenge. I just don't have anymore room for challenges...grrrr. I'll have to live vicariously through you!

Kals said...

LOL..go ahead :D I know what you mean, though. I'd decided that I wouldn't join more challenges until I found this one. I had to give in! I've found a couple of other challenges too and I'm fighting hard to keep myself from signing up for them :P

Veens said...

Oh Come on Kals, no point in fighting yourself. This time after finishing nothing.. I am still joining challenges LOL! So it is ok, go ahead and join! You have some good books!

Kals said...

LOL..I know! I've joined 6 challenges and I'm sure I'll join more if I find a great one :D

You have a pretty good list yourself =)

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

This sounds like a great challenge. Good luck!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Test