Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Awards Updates

Christy at Readin' and Dreamin' gave me the very pretty Ohh La La! award some time back. Thanks so much for the award Christy!



As part of my  obligations in receiving this award, I need to answer these questions:


Where is your favorite place to read a book?
In bed or snuggling in my couch with cushions.

Do you snack while reading?

Not really. Except for the lone Coke or Coffee.

Are you a book borrower or book collector? 
Book Borrower. I read far too many books and I can't afford to collect/buy them all.

What is the best book you've read recently?
Fiction: Interpreter of Maladies by Jhumpa Lahiri and The Housekeeper and The Professor by Yoko Ogawa - fabulous books! Must-reads definitely.
Non-fiction: Diplomatic Divide: Crossborder Talks by Dr. Humayun Khan and G.Parthasarathy. An excellent book  on a very important subject.

Here are some blogs I want to pass this award to, blogs I think are Ohh La La!
JoAnn at Lakeside Musing

Nishita also gave me a wonderful award, the Happy 101 Award, which asks that you make a list of ten things that make you happy. Here is my list:

1. A good book. I know that's stating the obvious, but it's a lovely feeling to read a thoroughly enjoyable, moving book!

2.  A weekend off with my friends and family. Just spending time with people I love and giggling over the silliest of things.

3.  A long walk on a windy night, gazing at the stars. It just relaxes me beyond words. Plus, I've always had a fascination for stars and constellations.

4.  Studying history and visiting historic monuments/ruins. There's just such a lot of romance, charm in history. It's a beautiful thing to know about our past and learn from it :)

5. Ice cream. Remember the time I had chocolate icecream that had a hint of mocha, garnished with gorgeous nuts, while watching Lost in Austen? It was an unforgettably good experience!

6.  Indian food. Granted, I have it everyday. It's still special and extremely delicious.

7.  Music. I'm a total sucker for melodies and patriotic songs. The latter almost always brings me to tears - A.R.Rahman's magnificent Yeh Jo Des Hai Tera or Bharat Humko, for instance. I especially love Indian Hindustani, classical, sufi music and of course Bollywood songs!

8.  Receiving comments on my blog and seeing new followers! Thank you all :)

9.  Rain. The sight of raindrops, the smell of the earth wet after a drizzle, the breeze that follows a spell of rain...it can make anyone poetic!

10. Learning an obscure general knowledge fact. LOL. It makes my day to find trivia that will stump everyone :D

Here are are a few of the several blogs that make me happy: some are blogs that I've started following very recently, while others are blogs I've loved for a long time now! I'm passing this award to:

Claire at Paperback Reader
Velvet at vvb32reads
Christa at Mental Foodie
Jeannie at Pine Cottage Books


P.S. Everyone's been very generous with giving me some great awards. Thanks again so much! I'll post about some other awards I received and pass them on to others soon :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow..gosh thanks :))

Such a lovely award to receive. You made my day!

Astrid (Mrs.B) said...

Thank you so much Kals. That's so sweet of you to think of my blog for this award. I'll be checking out the other blogs on your list...

Veens said...

Thanks a LOT! You deserve your awards!

JoAnn said...

Congratulations Kals, and thank you so much for thinking of me. There are some new blogs you've mentioned that I'll look forward to visiting.

Paperback Reader said...

Congratulations, Kals, and many thanks!

Whitney said...

Wow, thank you so much! Congrats on your awards too!

vvb32 reads said...

congrats on your recent awards! and thank you for passing one my way!

ice cream + lost in austen = ;-D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Test