Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Jane Austen Book Club- My Version


I saw 'The Jane Austen Book Club' film yesterday and was very impressed, as I always am with almost anything Austen. The film is based on the book by the same name and is about how 6 people form a book club and read 6 of Austen's novels- 'Pride and Prejudice', 'Sense and Sensibility', 'Northanger Abbey', 'Emma', 'Persuasion' and 'Mansfield Park'. The reading and discussion of these books, changes their lives. After all, 'Austen is the best antidote to life'.

I was thinking about it the whole time and was online obviously. And then I struck up the idea to have my own Jane Austen book club online. And we now have our members. The film had 5 women and 1 man in the club, but I doubt I can find a man willing to read Austen( their loss!) so we 6 girls have decided to begin our experiment.

6 Women, 6 Books, 6 Months( hopefully)

All the 5 others were so excited to be called on board. So many different people, so much to discuss. I can't wait =)

We're about to begin a journey to discover Austen, and in the process, life.

I'll of course keep you updated with what happens in our book club. Meanwhile, happy reading =)

Sadly, I'm now off to a boring holiday that I don't want to go to. The place is irritating, I've been there several times and it does nothing but irritate and depress me. I'm hoping for my books to give me company and save me. Amen.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Test