Sunday, April 4, 2010

Awards Galore!

I have received some lovely awards from blogger friends for which I'm very thankful! It's nice to be appreciated. Especially when it comes from bloggers who have excellent blogs themselves. It's even nicer to pass on these awards to some of you!

Christy at Readin' and Dreamin' gave me the Prolific Blogger Award. Thank you, Christy!


From the description: 'A Prolific Blogger is one who is intellectually productive… keeping up an active blog that is filled with enjoyable content.'

1. Every winner of the Prolific Blogger Award has to pass on this award to at least seven other deserving prolific bloggers. Spread some love!

2. Each Prolific Blogger must link to the blog from which he/she has received the award.

3. Every Prolific Blogger must link back to this post, which explains the origins and motivation for the award.

4. Every Prolific Blogger must visit this post and add his/her name in the Mr. Linky, so that we all can get to know the other winners. (Click here for the Mr. Linky page.)

I'm passing it on to 7 bloggers:
Shweta at ShwetasBookJournal
Mrs. B at The Literary Stew
JoAnn at Lakeside Musing
Claire at Paperback Reader
Sherrie at Just Books
Meredith at Austenesque Reviews

Velvet at vvb32reads gave me the Dragon's Loyalty Award. I'm passing this on to 3 loyal fans:


Vaishnavi at Dust Jacket
Kim at Queen Bee

Booksync gave me the Honest Scrap award. 

For this award I have to tell 10 honest things about myself and pass the award to 10 bloggers:
1. I have a fear of escalators. Yep.
2. My worst subject at school was Math. Numbers intimidate me.
3. I love history and politics. Always have. Always will. ( Which is the reason you find me reading so much non-fiction and biographies )
4. When I was 11 or 12, I memorized and could recite by heart the entire of Jawaharlal Nehru's epic Tryst With Destiny speech. I still remember most of it.
5. I love taking long walks alone.
6. It's one of my dreams to visit Bath and take a Jane Austen tour.
7. I can play the Veena.
8. I'm addicted to all kinds of mint.
9. Swades is one of my favourite Indian films ever. It makes me cry. Every. Single. Time.
10. I love fancy bookmarks.

Heather at Gofita's Pages gave me the Beautiful Blogger award. I love the banner for this! 


I'm passing both of these awards to:

Vaishnavi at Dust Jacket
Kim at Queen Bee
Priya at Uniquely Priya
Jeannie at Pine Cottage Books
Velvet at vvb32 reads

Heather also gave me the Amazing Follower award.


 I'm passing this to all of my followers! I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as I enjoy posting it. 

16 comments:

Paperback Reader said...

Many thanks, Kals!

Astrid (Mrs.B) said...

Kals, thanks so much for the lovely award!

Meredith said...

Thank you, Kals! I am honored! Congratulations on your awards!

Sherrie said...

Hi Kals,
Congrats on your awards! Thank you so much for mine. I've posted at my place and linked it back to you. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Just Books
http://sherriesbooks.blogspot.com/2010/04/award.html

JoAnn said...

Thanks so much, Kals!

Booksnyc said...

Thank you so much! Congrats on your awards - very well deserved!

I will post about this later today!

Kim said...

Thank you for thinking of me! And congrats on your awards as well. I will try and do some catching up this week. Have I told you I love your new picture?

Alyce said...

Congratulations on all of your awards! Thank you for passing on the prolific blogger award to me!

Whitney said...

Thank you so much for the award, and congrats on yours. Also, I love the new view of Pemberley :)

The Book Mole said...

My very first awards - thank you so much Kals, I really appreciate it! And congrats on all your awards!

Vaishnavi said...

Kals thanks so much for the awards! But I have a question....how do I put them up on my blog?? Do I just copy paste the award image or something? Is that all?

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your lovely awards! And thank you for mine :) I just love your blog--a favorite!

vvb32 reads said...

congrats! and thanks for sending a couple my way.
i'd love to hear you play veena. that looks like an interesting instrument!
btw: you've been awarded ;-D
http://vvb32reads.blogspot.com/2010/02/most-amazing-follower-award.html

Veens said...

Thank YOU Kals and congrats to u :)
Yu deserve them all :)

The new background and header look good :)

Priya Iyer said...

thank you so much, kals!! have put them up on my blog! :)

congrats on the award... you and your blog deserve them all, as veens says! :)

Kals said...

Thank you all, so very much! :) :) I'm also glad you like my new background and header. I figured it was time for a refreshing change :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Test