Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays - April 27

Grab your current read and let it fall open to a random page. Post two (or more) sentences from that page, along with the title and author. Don’t give anything vital away! 

I'm about 68 pages into Loving Frank by Nancy Horan and while the writing is beautiful, I'm not too sure I like the lead character so far. However, it's a long book and I'm hoping it will be a rewarding read :)

" She would no more underline in a library book than allow the butcher to return too much change. How had she come to a point where she could so easily tell herself that adultery with a friend's husband was all right? "

8 comments:

Dana said...

Great teaser. I remember enjoying this one, hope you like it too!

Anonymous said...

I've heard many so-so reviews for this one...

looking forward to reading yours

Whitney said...

Fantastic teaser! I really enjoyed this book and did some investigating on the subject after completion.

The Book Mole said...

This sounds interesting - can't wait to read your review!

Kim said...

I read and enjoyed this book, too. I'm not the kind of reader who applies my morals on to a character, but try to see if she remains true to herself. Hope it's worth your time.

I like this cover so much better than the original yellow one.

Kals said...

Dana - I've enjoyed reading this :)

Nishita and The Book Mole - Thanks!

Whitney - I absolutely think this is a book worth reading more about and researching :)

Kim - You make an excellent point. I love complex main characters and Mamah is just that :)

The cover of the version I'm reading is gorgeous and I haven't put it up here yet. Saving it for the review :)

Vaishnavi said...

Awesome teaser! I am very curious about this book now..

Kals said...

The book has many such quotable lines :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Test