Tuesday, April 13, 2010

This Blog Turns One!

It's been exactly a year since I started this blog and what a wonderful blogging year this has been! Through the year I've read and reviewed some brilliant, life-changing ( yes!) and also some not-so-good books, but it's been a fun journey.

I've made some great friends whose blogs I enjoy reading and I've discovered excellent authors and some books that I wouldn't have read otherwise, thanks to this lovely, welcoming book bloggers community.

This blog began last year on a whim. I was on a holiday and reading a book and I just wanted to post about it. But it spiraled into an ambitious almost full-time blog and I'm happy it has! I will be very honest and admit that the first few months of this blog were tough. It was like a one-way street with me posting reviews and not much feedback. 

But things changed pretty soon and I'm very thankful to every single person who has taken the time to look through this blog, follow it and leave comments. You guys have made this blog work and I hope you continue to enjoy reading it. Also thanks to my Mum, Dad and Sis, who have all been so supportive! :)


Here's the quote from one of my all time favourite books Pride and Prejudice, which is the reason behind this blog's title:
“I am astonished,” said Miss Bingley, “that my father should have left so small a collection of books. — What a delightful library you have at Pemberley, Mr. Darcy!”
“It ought to be good,” he replied, “it has been the work of many generations.”
“And then you have added so much to it yourself, you are always buying books.”

(These photos are from this wonderful blog post here. )

Which is precisely why the title of the blog has remained the same, even when I'm not posting only about Austen or Austen-related things. Initially, the blog's focus was on Austen and you will find some more posts related to Austen coming up. My love for Indian writing: fiction, poetry or non-fiction is also evident in this blog.

I'm hosting the Marple Poirot Holmes Challenge - my little tribute to three of my favourite literary detectives and here's a big thank you to all those who've joined in with that challenge! I hope you're having fun reading. Thursdays With Tagore is a new weekly meme that I'm quite attached to and I love posting it! Women on Wednesdays was another interesting weekly meme which I hope to come back to in the coming days.

There are some new ideas that I've worked out for themed posts and I hope to get to them soon. So keep watching this space! 

I thrive on feedback and comments. Let me know your favourite things or posts in this blog, what you'd like to see more of etc. I love constructive feedback, so go ahead and offer your suggestions and comments :)

And finally, if there are any questions that you'd like to ask me about anything related to books, go ahead. I'll answer them in a new post depending on how many questions there are :)

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your blog so much! You are one of the first blogs I found when I first started book blogging; I lurked for awhile then became a follower; and it seems to me that over the last few months your blog has just blossomed even more! Congratulations on your 1 year anniversary! Here's to more happy blogging days for you :)

Tanu said...

Congratulations!!!! I love everything about your blog...

Kim said...

WooHoo! Continue to enjoy your journey. Congrats and good job!

Whitney said...

Happy Anniversary! I love reading your blog, keep it up.

JoAnn said...

Congratulations and Happy Blogiversary! I discovered your blog through the Everything Austen challenge last year, and I'm so glad I did. Best wishes for many more!

Meredith said...

Happy Blog Birthday!!! I hope you have many more! Keep up the fantastic work!

Paperback Reader said...

Happy bloggiversary, kals! I am delighted that I was the originator of your discovery of The Group and a highlight in your blogging career to date.

I love that Pride and Prejudice quote :)

The mix of your bookish tastes and subject matter keeps me reading as well as your undeniable passion for great writers and great writing. Keep up the good work!

Joanne said...

Happy blog birthday! Looking forward to seeing what you will be reading this year.

Joanne @ Slice of Life

The Book Mole said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, happy Birthday At Pemberley, Happy Birthday to you!

Seriously, congratulations! This is one of my favorite blogs, thanks so much for all the hard work, and I really look forward to the new themes!

Booksnyc said...

Your blog is great! Congrats on its anniversary!!

christa @ mental foodie said...

happy anniversary!! :)

(which reminds me that i need to read some Marple Poirot Holmes... don't worry, i have every intention to finish the challenge!)

Bee said...

Happy Blogiversary! Your blog is famtastic!
Hugsxxxx

A Buckeye Girl Reads said...

Congratulations! I don't comment as much as I should, but I love your reviews-Happy Blogoversy!

Alyce said...

Happy blog birthday! I love the photos and the quote you chose!

Vaishnavi said...

Happy birthday to your blog and congratulations! I love the photos and the quotes too :) At Pemberley is a wonderful title :) And I just love your meme on Tagore, I am having a wonderful time reading his pieces on your blog, thanks so much :)

Kals said...

Thank you all, so very much! I'm so very happy that you like my blog and I hope you'll continue to enjoy it :) Thanks again.

Reading through these comments made my day :)

Anonymous said...

Happy belated blogoversary...

I always wondered about the naming of your blog...nice to see you clarifying it :)

Anonymous said...

Happy belated blogoversary...

I always wondered about the naming of your blog...nice to see you clarifying it :)

Kals said...

Thank you Nishita :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Test